In today’s time, everyone knows that recycling plastic is the way to go, but a lot of people still don’t know the “why” behind doing it.
There are SO many benefits to recycling plastic. Recycling plastic means that we take used plastics and turn them into new products like plastic bags, pens, or even toaster ovens.
This process saves energy and helps the environment by reducing the amount of waste going in landfills and oceans. But why should we recycle? And how does it really work? Read on to find out all about recycling plastic at its benefits!
Why Is Recycling Plastic So Important?
Recycling plastic is important because it helps reduce the amount of waste that goes into landfills and oceans. It also saves energy because we don’t have to create new products from scratch – we can use recycled materials instead.
The Benefits Of Recycling Plastic
There are many benefits to recycling plastic! Here are some of the most important ones:
- Recycling plastic helps reduce the amount of waste that ends up in landfills and oceans – trust us, there’s plenty of plastic to go around.
- Recycling plastic saves energy – we don’t have to create new products from scratch, we can use recycled materials instead.
- Recycling plastic helps reduce the amount of pollution in our environment – when plastics end up in landfills and oceans, they often break down into tiny pieces that are difficult to clean up.
- Recycling plastic is good for the economy – recycling creates new jobs and helps businesses save money on materials.
- Recycling plastic is a way to reduce your carbon footprint – every time you recycle plastic, you’re helping to reduce the amount of greenhouse gasses released into the atmosphere.
How To Recycle Plastics At Home
BV Trash Valet & Recycling makes recycling plastics easy!!
Talk about easy – recycling plastic is fun and saves energy, which helps the environment! See our steps below!!
Step 1. Simply check for the plastics recycling symbol and make sure it has a number 1-7. All plastics 1-7 are recyclable.
***Styrofoam products are NOT recyclable! Please do NOT include these. This includes foam egg cartons, meat trays, and packing peanuts and squares.
Step 2. Please remove all lids and caps, as they are small and can get lodged in the recycling equipment.
Step 3. Place all clean plastics #1-#7 together in a clear recycling bag.
Step 4. Simply place your recycling bag next to, or on top of your bagged household trash. We will collect it during the same pickup!! Easy peasy!!
At Brazos Valley Trash Valet & Recycling, we understand that following proper disposal for plastic can be overwhelming at times. However, we appreciate the difference you make every day in helping to make the Earth just a little greener! As always, for any trash or recycling questions, feel free to contact us!